The Reverend Albert Lewis Stough founded Pineville Baptist Church (a member of the Southern Baptist Convention) as a mission of Flint Hill Baptist Church in Fort Mill, South Carolina in 1903. Reverend Stough served as pastor until 1906 and upon his death the church was renamed Stough Memorial Baptist Church.
Growth brought changes to the mill town of Pineville and Stough as the wooden church building was replaced by a new auditorium in 1950, now known as the Youth House. Further expansion resulted in an adult education wing in 1963, a new auditorium in 1974, a new children's wing in 1990, and a gathering center in 2008.
Reverend J. Grady Faulk, and his wife, Bettie, remained faithful servants of Christ at Stough from 1964 until retiring after 38 years of faithful service in 2002. Under his leadership, the Stough Child Development Center was created - now known as GraceLife Academy.
On November 16, 2014 the congregation of Stough overwhelmingly approved a name change to GraceLife Church of Pineville to better represent who we are, what we are, and where we are.
Even though the pastoral leadership and size of GraceLife Church has changed over the years, focusing on Christ to make disciples who make disciples has remained our focal point. As we have focused on Christ, He has remained faithful to provide for the needs of each family and our congregation.